Being in the hospital is no fun, but receiving gifts from loved ones who care about you can be a huge encouragement. If you know someone in the hospital, be sure to send them a beautiful bouquet of flowers to let them know you’re thinking about them, supporting them and encouraging them on to a speedy recovery. Flowers are known to lift spirits, brighten smiles and encourage healthy recovery. But with so many beautiful flowers out there, it can be difficult to know the best ones to choose.
The floral designers at Flower Kingdom are happy to help you walk through the process of choosing appropriate flowers for a hospital setting that will convey your specific meaning. We’ll also give you some pointers about ordering flowers to be sent to a hospital. Take a look at our guide to learn the best practices for sending get-well flowers.
Best Practices for Sending Get-Well Flowers to the Hospital
Sending get-well flowers can be a little more involved than just sending a beautiful bouquet of blooms. There are a few things to consider when sending flowers to a hospital setting. Take a look at this list as you decide which flowers are best.
- Choose flowers that are long-lasting and low-maintenance. Low-maintenance varieties will mean that your loved one will be able to enjoy the flowers more as they put their time and energy into fully recovering. Long-lasting varieties mean they will be able to take them home with them from the hospital.
- Choose flowers that are allergy-free. Be respectful of the idea that many hospital professionals and staff will be in and out of your patient’s room and the likelihood of someone having allergies to flowers is high. Choose hypoallergenic blooms that will not cause the allergy-prone to suffer.
- Choose flowers that are bright and happy. Colorful, happy designs like our Be Happy Bouquet, full of daisies and yellow roses, are a must when sending get-well flowers. They will encourage a speedy recovery and cheer your loved one’s spirit.
- Choose flowers that come in durable containers. Flowers that arrived in sturdy containers will be less likely to create a hazard in a tight, cramped hospital room. Choose containers in durable plastic, sturdy wood, or woven baskets for a safe option.
- Choose flowers in smaller arrangements. Larger blooms are beautiful, but they also take up a lot of space, which is at a premium in a hospital room. Make sure you choose flowers, like our sweet Bear Hug With Pink Roses Bouquet, that will not overwhelm the room or get in the way of medical equipment or busy medical professionals.
Best Get-Well Flowers for Sending a Special Message
For centuries flowers have symbolized various meanings, depending on the variety and color of the bloom. Here are a few of the more popular get-well flowers and the messages they symbolize. Many of these blooms are featured in our Garden of Wellness and Pure Happiness Bouquets.
- Carnations: Representing love and good luck, carnations bring a ruffled flair to every bouquet.
- Asters: These sweet daisy-like flowers bring cheerful wishes for patience and elegance.
- Sunflowers: Happy and joyful, these yellow petals surrounding a brown center symbolize optimism and long life.
- Daisies: The happiest of flowers, daisies, are always meant to symbolize cheerfulness.
- Roses: Deep and classic, roses can convey many meanings depending on their color. For get-well designs, yellow and orange represent positivity and optimism.
- Chrysanthemums: Symbolizing fidelity, optimism, joy and long life, these cheerful blooms come in an array of colors and varieties for rich texture.
Before actually sending your flowers to the hospital, make sure to talk to them about recommended delivery times, and whether or not flowers are welcome on your recipient’s floor. Then, be sure to communicate this information to your florist upon placing your order. Also, include your recipient’s full name and room number to be sure your arrangement or gift arrives on time in great condition. The floral professionals at Flower Kingdom are happy to make your get-well flower delivery as complete and successful as possible. Talk to us today about any other questions or concerns you may have. We’re here to help you and make sure your delivery arrives looking fresh and beautiful every time.