Giving a loved one a ride from the airport means more than just a lift home or to a hotel. It also proves as a reminder of just how much you care about them and how delighted you are that they have arrived to town. After a long-awaited and highly anticipated “hello,” surprising them with a stunning floral arrangement is another meaningful way to acknowledge your relationship, love, friendship, and appreciation for their visit. While you search for their favorite flowers or the brightest blooms to lift them up after their day of travel, the experts here at Flower Kingdom, the top florist in Palm Beach Gardens, are sharing some insights into the symbolism and meaning behind the best blooms for a warm welcome.
Perfect Blooms for a Meaningful Welcome
Fresh Flowers for Friends
Planning time to visit with friends is one of the most special things we can do. While we know their visit will create memories you will both cherish for a lifetime, start their trip on a high note by giving them joyous and meaningful flowers as you reunite at the airport. A few of our favorite flowers that symbolize friendship can be found below.
- Alstroemeria – Friendship and Optimism
- Chrysanthemums – “You’re a wonderful friend”
- Geraniums – True Friendship
- Iris – “Your friendship means so much to me”
- Yellow Roses – Friendship and Joy
- Yellow Tulips – Friendship and Cheerfulness
- Zinnias – “Never forget absent friends”
Romantic Blooms for Significant Others
As the hopeless romantic in us likes to envision a romantic reunion between you and your significant other as they deboard the airplane and take a flying leap into your arms, we can also be realistic. While this romantic movie scene might just stay in Hollywood, you can still create a sweet and loving welcome with a wrapped bouquet of romantic blooms. Some of our favorite flowers for greeting your significant other at the airport are ones with beautiful symbolism, such as:
- Dahlia – Excitement and Lasting Bond
- Forget-Me-Not – “True love memories”
- Roses – Romance, Passion, and Love
- Honeysuckle – “The bond of love”
- Lavender – Enchantment, and Love at First Sight
- Pink Camellia – Longing and often given to those we miss
- Red Chrysanthemums – “I love you”
- Stocks – Bonds of Affection and Happy Life
Meaningful Petals for Family
Giving your out-of-town family members a cheerful greeting or welcoming local family members back to town can also be done through the language of flowers. With perfect symbolism for any occasion or person, some of your favorite flowers sure have a lot to say. These sweet blooms are wonderful choices for a joyful airport pickup and family reunion.
- Hydrangea – Sincerely Heartfelt and Gratitude
- Orange Tulips – Warmth
- Peach Roses – Missing Someone
- Pink Carnations – Gratitude and a Mother’s Undying Love
Cheerful Flowers for Any Traveler/Visitor
Oftentimes we host visitors and guests just because we enjoy their company, regardless of the relationship we have with them. If you are in the market for welcoming flowers that are great for anybody, blooms that symbolize joy, appreciation, happiness, and welcome, are perfect. Some flowers that your out-of-town guests may enjoy are also popular fan favorites.
- Baby’s Breath – Happiness
- Calla Lilies – Rejuvenation, Classy Style, and Luxurious Appeal
- Gerbera Daisies – Cheerfulness and Loyal Love
- Pink Roses – Appreciation, Joy, and Gratitude
- Safflowers – Welcome
- Sunflowers – Happiness
- Sweet Pea – “Thank you,” Bliss, Pleasure, and a great way to bid someone “farewell” after a wonderful visit
- Wisteria – Welcome
- Yellow Lily – Gratitude
Related Meanings of Colors
A flower’s meaning is not totally dependant upon its type but can also be defined by its breathtaking hue. If your guest has a favorite bloom or you want to ensure they are properly greeted at the airport with fresh flowers, find symbolism through the color of a flower’s petals to express a warm and thoughtful welcome.
- Light Pink – Admiration
- Peach – Gratitude
- Pink – Gratitude and Appreciation
- Red – Passion, Love, and Romance
- Yellow – Joy and Friendship
Welcoming guests and travelers with stunning flowers as they arrive to town is a tale as old as time. In fact, as steamships took passengers to the Islands of Hawaii in the 1800s, they are always welcomed with a lei, or as many call it, the “authentic Hawaiian hello.” This traditional greeting meant more than a friendly welcome, but is a symbol of love, respect, hospitality, and “aloha.” Created with plumeria, orchids, pikake, kukui nuts, maile leaves, and rare shells, leis were thought to bring good luck to those who wore them. Today, visitors and vacationers are still met in Hawaii with leis as they arrive at the airport.
While you enjoy browsing Flower Kingdom’s collection of flowers and bouquets for your airport greeting, remember the inspiring and beautiful symbolism behind this tradition. From expressing your love or friendship to appreciation and gratitude, fresh flowers can truly say it all.
Dress to Impress Bouquet